Breastfeeding Your Baby – English only
Answers to common questions
Breastfeeding Your Baby has been written by the American Academy of Pediatrics. The booklet provides families with breastfeeding basics. It includes the most recent evidence-based information in a short, easy-to-read format. Written at a 7th grade reading level. 5½ x 8½”, 34 pages, © 2015.
- Benefits of breastfeeding
- How breastfeeding works
- Getting started
- Beyond the first feeding
- The fussy breastfed baby
- Caring for your breasts
- Special concerns (medication, alcohol, tobacco, sickness, breast surgery, feeding multiples)
- Breastfeeding after you return to work
- Breast milk expression and storage
- Weaning your baby
- Breastfeeding: A natural gift
Breastfeeding Your Baby is a great companion to Going Home The 10th Month Taking Care of Mom and Baby’s First Weeks. These three affordably priced, low-literacy booklets provide basic care information for early postpartum families.